Monday, December 7, 2009

Partipation: Wikis

I really like Wikis. I think they would be extremely useful in the classroom. It provides a place for students to share their work with one another and to receive feedback. I know I have used them frequently in my education and they have helped me. I like the idea of using them to teach different principles as well. Grammar is something that is difficult for students to grasp but putting examples on a Wiki can help them to see what other students have been able to find. I would also use a Wiki to share work. It would provide a real audience for students. They would be able to look at other students' work and to see what is required. It would also be possible to keep past student examples so that current students can see what other students have done, but they wouldn't be looking at their classmates work. It provides a greater incentive to do good work when it is published in this setting, which would be great for revision and editing lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment