Sunday, December 13, 2009

Final Blog Reflection

I think that the most useful technology that I've learned this semester is Blogger. I definitely plan on using this with my students as a tool to keep them involved. They will be able to post and share and to find assignments in one specific location online. I think this will help them to be more successful in my class. I also really like this technology because parents would be able to see it and understand what is going on in my classroom rather than just guessing. Students will also have a greater audience which will be helpful when teaching writing to my students in the classroom.

In my teaching, I want to use technology continuously. With a blog, I would introduce my students to the concept and require assignments. I also would like to try collaboration with students and creating projects. I would also like to have a class wiki where students can share their work with others. This will help them in the classroom. I think it's important to continuously learn about new technology so I can introduce my students to these tools. They may need to know them in the future and providing them this access will help them to succeed.

In order to engage my students in active learning, I plan on having them experience and practice using these technologies. There is a good chance that my students will need to know about certain technologies in order to succeed when they are working in the future. Pointing this out when teaching will help them to be more engaged. Also showing them models can make them excited. However, I think it's incredibly important to have them create products using the technology so that they are a direct participant in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment